1. A student’s leave letter:
“As I am suffering from my uncle’s marriage I cannot attend the class….”
2. A candidate’s application: “This has reference to your advertisement calling for a ‘typist And an accountant – Male or Female’… As I am both for the past Several years and I can handle both; I am applying for the post.”
3. I.T.I.: An employee applied for leave as follows:
Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife. Please sanction me one-week leave.
4. Another employee applied for half day leave as follows:
“Since I’ve to go to the cremation ground at 10 o-clocks and I may not return, please grant me half day casual leave”
5. A leave letter to the headmaster:
“As I am studying in this school I am suffering from headache. I request you to leave me today”
6. An incident of a leave letter:
“I am suffering from fever, please declare one day holiday.”
7. Another leave letter written to the headmaster:
As my headache is paining, please grant me leave for the day.
8. A covering note:
“I am enclosed herewith…”
9. From H.A.L. Administration dept:
As my mother-in-law has expired and I am responsible for it, Please grant me 10 days leave.
10. Actual letter written for application of leave:
“My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only husband At home I may be granted leave”.
11. Letter writing: “I am in well here and hope you are also in the same well.”
12. Another gem from I.T.I. Leave-letter from an employee who was performing his daughter’s wedding: “As I am marrying my daughter, please grant a week’s leave…”